It’s easy to forget that if you have a business website, you must comply with Companies Act, we nearly did !! so we created this checklist which you might find useful as a reference too.
Remember that the information doesn’t have to be on every single website page (though this may be easier to do), it just needs to be easily, directly and permanently accessible.
- The name of the service provider (which can be different from the trading name, if it is then specify the relationship. e.g. “inkscroll.com is the trading name of inkscroll Limited.”
- Your email address, having a ‘contact us’ form isn’t good enough.
- The geographic address of the service provider must be given, not a PO Box but a registered office address.
- If a company, the company’s registration number should also be given.
- If the business is a member of a trade or professional association, membership details a long with any registration number, should be provided.
- If the business has a VAT number, state it – always.
- Prices on the website (assuming you have some) must be clear and unambiguous. Also, state whether prices are inclusive of tax (VAT!) and delivery costs.