Essential Management & Line Manager Training
High Impact Essential Management Training. A two day programme where the content can be tailored to specific requirements.
Because the specific need of every organisation and their new managers is unique, this manager or supervisor training programme has been written in such a way that it can be easily tailored to meet any precise operational requirements. The following course content should therefore be regarded as indicative; please talk to us about your specific needs:
- Roles and responsibilities – understand the core purpose of a successful manager.
- The core differences between manager and leader – identify with the skills and behaviours of a manager and a leader.
- Management styles – define the core management styles and the impact these have on performance and team dynamics.
- Effective communication skills – learn the art of effective listening and questioning and how to build rapport.
- Performance management – get to the heart of performance management principles.
- Energy and performance – connect energy levels and team climate to performance results.
- Planning and organising – organise yourself and others through effective planning and prioritising.
- Motivating others – inspire and motivate those around you to deliver exceptional results.
- Energy investment – assess current energy investment and agree the impact on individual and team performance.
- Delegation and empowerment – adopt techniques to enable the growth and development of your people through effective empowerment and delegation.
- Objective setting – learn how to set SMART goals and create a clear line of sight to the business objectives.
- Coaching and feedback – apply the GROW model and become a truly great coach.
- Emotional intelligence – define the five elements of emotional intelligence and how to apply them.
- Understanding team dynamics – reveal the key behavioural preferences and adapt your style to that of others for the best results.
- Managing peak and poor performance – handle the expected and the unexpected and develop talent within your team.
- Development reviews – conduct effective development reviews to improve individual and overall performance.
- Effective team meetings – deliver motivational team meetings focused on a common goal.