Office Administration Learning Bundle
This is a great course bundle for anyone looking to make the leap into Office Administration or just polish their skills. The course bundle covers a variety of core skills and software applications an Administrator is likely to use in their day-to-day activities, such as the Microsoft Office suite, which cover: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access.
The Microsoft Office Specialist is a globally recognised qualification. Having a Microsoft Office Specialist certification on your CV demonstrates that you have gained the necessary expertise to competently use Microsoft applications, giving you a competitive advantage when job hunting as well as in the workplace. It will significantly increase your confidence, skills and employability. It will serve to objectively validate your IT skills and assist in your advancement in your chosen career. Each certificate is a qualification in its own right – so you can take just one, or as many as you like. For instance, you can choose to become a Microsoft Office Specialist in Word or Excel or PowerPoint… or all of them if you choose.
Microsoft refers to the Office Specialist certification as the “only comprehensive, performance-based certification program approved by Microsoft to validate desktop computer skills”.
What’s in the bundle?
The Office Administration Enhancement skills courses are designed to do just that… enhance your skills as an Office Administrator. They cover many of the core skills required to perform the day-to-day role of an Office Administrator. These core skills include: typing skills, telephone answering skills, document creation skills (such as letter writing ), communication in the work place skills, and record maintenance skills.
This bundle contains 5 separate certification courses and 5 Office Administration enhancement skills courses.
GOOD TO KNOW: By enrolling onto this course you will get access to all of the courses listed on this course page. You will not have to pay for each course individually.
Microsoft Office Specialist certification courses included (click a title to see the syllabus):
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 77-418: Word 2013
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 77-420: Excel 2013
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 77-422: PowerPoint 2013
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 77-423: Outlook 2013
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 77-424: Access 2013
Office Administration Enhancement Skills Courses:
Working in Business and Administration
- What an administrator does
- Organising and managing your work
- Keeping information confidential
Developing Your Administration Skills
- Effective business administration
- Using a diary system
- Representing your organisation to visitors
Taking Phone Calls
- Responding to an incoming call
- Effectively using listening and voice skills to control a call
- Identifying and communicating the options available to the customer
- Common procedures for placing customers on hold, and taking messages
- Completing the phone call leading to an action
KAZ – Keyboarding (typing skills)
- The Basics – Learn to touch-type in 90 minutes
- Just Do It – Exercise and apply your new touch-typing skills
- And The Rest – Learn Shift, numbers, and punctuation key
- Daily practice to build speed and accuracy
Creating and Designing Documents
- Understanding the purpose of designing and producing quality and attractive documents
- Understanding the resources available to design documents and how to use them
- Understand the purpose of following procedures when designing documents
How is each course taught?
All courses are online and self-paced, meaning you do it in your own home, in your own time, at your own pace. Each lesson is pre-recorded allowing you to pause, fast-forward, skip sections, or go back to another lesson if you need to. The lessons are multi-media based, which means video and audio are used to teach the lessons. Most lessons are also interactive, prompting the learner to participate. This might involve answering on-screen questions, participating in tasks, and using simulators as if you were using the real software program.
Are there exams involved and how much do they cost?
After completing each Microsoft course you have the option to become certified in each area. In order to do this, you must sit an official exam. We can provide you with complete guidance on the exam process from locating your nearest testing centre, to booking, and receiving your certification.
We do not cover the cost of exam fees. This is something you will have to cover yourself.
How long will it take me to complete each course?
This is a self-paced course, meaning you complete it in your own time. You will have 12 months to complete the Microsoft Office certification courses, and 3 months to complete the Office Enhancement Skills courses. Some people finish their course faster than others. If you choose to only do one of the Microsoft Office certification courses from this bundle, then it will take you less time than if you do two or three or all of them. As a guide, the following courses are 12 hours each: Excel, Access, Word; and the remaining two: Outlook and PowerPoint are 8 hours each. The enhancement skills courses range from 1-4 hours each.
What do I need?
All you need is an internet connection and a PC. While most of the lessons work on MACs, we recommend you use a PC for the best performance. Certain parts of the course may not display properly on older MACs. Once you’ve logged into your course, you may be prompted to down certain free plugins such as Java. Just follow the on-screen prompts.