- 1 day
- Full time
- Public | Classroom
- CPD 5.5
A practical, step-by-step and proven system to increase the quality and quantity of referrals.
Examples and case studies that demonstrate how referral marketing can become one of your primary sources of new and/or incremental business.
Scripts of actual conversations that, when rehearsed, will enable you to easily conduct the type of conversations necessary for you to engage with and inspire your advocates to work hard on your behalf to open the doors to the people you want to do business with.
Here are just 3 examples of the results you can look forward to:
- In a mailshot using the Referral Generator process over 10% of the respondents called back and asked for a first meeting. The average response rate from a direct marketing campaign is less than 0.2%
- One user of the Referral Generator taught the entire membership of his high-performing business club how to use the Referral Generator in exchange for each member writing at least one letter to people they knew who would be interested in his services.
- One user of this system in just a 45 minute phone call inspired a very satisfied customer to become an advocate and within one week she secured a 90 minute meeting with one of her target clients who was ready and eager to hear what she had to say.
9:30 – 10:00 Getting to know your fellow participants and personal objectives
10:00 – 10:30 Overview of Referral Marketing including the key principles adopted by top class salespeople:
- Having a referral system
- Spotting opportunities
- ‘Working the net’
- Outstanding relationship skills
- ‘Giver’s gain’
10:30 – 11.00 15 ways to inspire the people you know to become active advocates of you and your business. How to engage, enthuse and inspire your advocates to provide you with a steady stream of high quality referrals
11:00 – 11.15 Break
11:15 – 12.00 Overview of the referral 7-step system
1) Know who you want to do business with, what products and services you want to sell to them and why you are better and different than the competition
2) Consider who in your network you would like to become your advocates and how you could inspire each one to work hard on your behalf to help you meet the people you want to do business with
3) Make contact with them and secure their approval and commitment to become your advocate
4) Train your advocate in how to make contact with the people in their network who you would like to meet and provide any necessary incentives, sales materials and ongoing support
5) The advocate makes contact with their network and passes on details to you of the prospects you want to do business with
6) You make contact with your new prospects and a new sales process begins
7) As the relationship with the new prospect unfolds you keep excellent records and keep your advocate informed
12:00 – 12.45 Lunch
12:45 – 13:15 Rehearsing the opening conversation with a potential advocate
13:15 – 14:15 Preparing for and rehearsing the training session you will have with your advocate to ensure they are able, willing and committed to following through and put you in touch with the people you would like to do business with.
14:15 – 14:30 Break
14:30 – 15:00 How to follow-up and ensure your advocate continues to deliver the introductions you want to make your business fly!
15:00 – 15:30 Troubleshooting – the top 5 reasons why your referral marketing strategy may not be delivering results
- Not adding sufficient value to the relationship
- Inappropriate choice of advocates
- Pushing too hard
- Not pushing hard enough
- Little or no follow-up
15:30 – 15:45 Reviewing the results of your referral marketing strategy and adjusting your approach to deliver outstanding results
15:45 – 16:15 Back home plan, translating the learning into a bespoke course of action to increase sales via word-of-mouth advertising
16:15 – 16: 30 Review of the course and final comments