- 1 day
- Full time
- Public | Classroom
The course takes delegates through the major elements of successful selling. It provides an understanding of the sales process, the structure of how to sell effectively and the importance of building relationships for long term success.
Anyone who needs to improve their selling skills and can only afford or justify a single day of training. Attendees can be anyone who has a selling element in their job — so can be working in any role which involves dealing with customers, not necessarily a pure sales environment.
This highly intensive one-day course takes delegates through the major elements of making a success in sales. It provides an understanding of how the sales process works, moving through the structure of how to sell effectively and finishing with a treatment of the importance of relationship building for long term success.
- The Four Steps of a Sale
- How the Sales Cycle Works
- Defining the Fear Factor
- The Myth of the Fear Factor
- Overcoming the Fear Factor
- Core Attributes You Need to Succeed
- Communications Skills in Sales
- Questioning Skills
- Listening Skills
- Getting Organised for Sales
- The Rules of Likeability
- The Importance of Empathy
- Preparing to Influence Others
- What Information Do We Need?
- Types of Questions
- Closed Questions
- Open Questions
- Leading (Assumptive) Questions
- Summary Questions
- Probing (Excavating) Questions
- Reflective (Mirroring) Questions
- Exercise: Questioning Practice
- Powerful Words for Questions
- Types of Question to Avoid
- The Funnel Technique
- The Inverted Funnel Technique
- Benefits of Good Listening
- Why We Listen Badly!
- Exercise: How Do You Rate Your Listening Ability?
- Active Listening
- Listeners Control Conversations!
- Deflective Tactics — Time Wasters
- Six Habits of Successful Sales People
- Talking to the Right People
- Identifying Key Individuals
- Influencers and Decision Makers
- Talking to the Right Key Individuals
- Making that Good First Impression
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Dale Carnegies Six Principles of Relationship
- Whats In It For Me? (WIIFM)
- Honesty and Integrity