These days you can get all sorts of software applications such as Lighthouse, Github, Bugzilla or FogBugz – there are loads! to help you track software bugs – other popular definitions used are issues and defects. Using a software application to track defects works great if you want to spend some money investing in a software bug tracking applications. And hope that the application doesn’t contain any bugs too!
- Date raised.
- Name or initials of who raised it if there’s more than one tester.
- Detailed description of the issue/bug.
- Where in the application did the bug occur?
- Has the issue been corrected/fixed?
- Notes to track the bug which should have the commenter prefix their comments with their initials and a date eg. JKM: dd-mmm-yy.
- Has the fix been verified? And if so, what’s the verified date.